10 septembre 2008

Running again...


So I have finally started running again. Since twisting my ankle a couple of weeks ago, I sunk into a mini-funk and managed to gain weight. I need to get back control over my health, so I finally got the kick in the pants that I needed when I realized that I am at the highest weight that I have EVER been. I have been putting myself in jeapordy while making excuses about having too much pain after my injury last year, being too scared to, feeling too out of shape to think it was worth it, remembering just how fit I was 2 years ago and getting depressed over the thought of having to do all of that work again. And the whole time I have been hating how I feel: sluggish, Goodyear blimpish, slow, old...need I go on?
After having paid to do a weight loss program a couple of years ago, and not completing the last couple of months, I am loathe to pay money again, but I recognize that the support is always great. That program worked well, but I let school overwhelm me. I've been avoiding the idea, but it keeps cropping up. I especially don't like the idea of spending money from my savings for that when I don't have an income right now.
So the running is helping me feel better. Monday was hard, but today was much better. I'm putting my good old Running Room training plan to use. Thankfully, I don't have to invest in a new pair of shoes because I have a pair that got barely any use before I injured my knee the first time. I shall continue! And I have no excuses about running in the heat because there is a treadmill in the house I'm staying at!
Time for a fresh start. 21 days to form a new habit, and I'm already on day 3 :D