07 août 2007

Latest developments...

So I've been a homeowner for nearly two months now, and I love it. I had a rough couple of weeks with a renter that was just not a good fit, and even though there are some things that still need to be sorted out on that front, I'm in good spirits. This house is such a blessing!

I'm in Week 6 of my summer holidays and the time has just flown! I was super busy the first few weeks trying to get all of my stuff moved in, and helping friends with their projects as well. I even learned how to paint and how to lay laminate flooring---in a friend's house :)

I've also been spending a lot of time getting to know a guy who has since become very dear to me. It's still odd having a boyfriend long-distance. And our initial phone bills were QUITE hefty. We've learned our lesson and both subscribed to lovely long-distance phone plans since then. He's a really sweet man, and I'm so happy to know him. This whole thing needs a lot of prayer, so send some up on our behalf, ok?

Speaking of men, I just found out that my ex. is getting married. I knew it all along, and I even told him that eons ago. This just goes to prove my hogwosh theory that I'm a preparatory girlfriend. I started dating late in life (he he) and both exes have married the very next woman they were in a relationship with. I must have some super powers that make men realize they want to be married...just not to me. lol. Just kidding. It really wouldn't have worked out with me anyway.

I went to a lovely wedding a couple of weekends ago. Young couple who met online. I helped serve at the reception and silly me was wearing some major heels that day. I looked cute but my feet hurt SO much that I eventually had to take off my shoes! I was glad to be able to help, though. Everything turned out really well.

And then just when I was getting my butt in gear and getting back into shape, I go and pop my knee at a soccer match last night. It REALLY hurt. It's a bit better today, and I can put a bit more weight on my left foot, but doing my paper route this morning didn't help. Couldn't find a sub. There is some swelling, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as it could have been.

Ironically, I had finally decided to put air into my bike tires this week. Guess I won't be needing to after all! GRRR. And my big plans for rollerblading have been put on hold as well.

I'm just grateful that it happened before school started up again! Hurrah for summer vacation and teacher's benefits! I don't even want to imagine having to negociate stairs and long corridors on the way to my classroom.

Ha. I just thought of another positive thing. If I can't walk around much, I can't go shopping and spend money! Youpi!