11 novembre 2006

A funny thing happened...

...at my friend's house tonight. We had a fantabulous Bible Study with about 20 people!!! I had taken over a few snacks and extra dishes. When the time came to tidy up, I squatted to place the dishes in the box on the floor and RIIIIIIIIIIIP! My stylishly thin corduroy pants ripped from the bum to the back of the right knee!!!!! I had no idea what to do! People were still milling about...mostly guys...and fortunately a GIRL was standing nearby. When I mouthed to her that my pants had ripped, she could hardly contain her astonishment :) I started to find it funny. And of course, inquiring minds wanted to know. But I didn't indulge them. But she lent me her coat. I was still scared to move. A few minutes later, more of the guys left, and it was just the homeowner (a guy), and two female friends and me. I didn't tell the other girl until we got to the elevator, and the homeowner seemed to feel a bit awkward, possibly thinking that it was something more embarrassing. I filled him in when I called to see if I had left my Bible at his house. He got a good chuckle out of it. I'm just glad it didn't happen during the daytime at SCHOOL!!!! Can you imagine??

I met some really great people tonight. Even more people for our ever-expanding network of young adults seeking a closer relationship with God. It's awesome! And so much more interesting than ripped pants.

1 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

pant ripping isn't as uncommon as you might think .... we just try not to talk about things like that ;)

my turn happened in junior high ... luckily at the END of the schoolday. all i'm saying, is thanks to the girls' gym teacher for forcing us to always have a change of clothes in our gym lockers :)

2:53 p.m.  

Publier un commentaire

<< Home