12 juillet 2006

Progress?

So the running shorts and I are getting along well. Although I still feel more comfortable when I'm surrounded by my running group. I even bought a pair or running tights, capri-length. And I quite like them. No fabric moving all over the place. Except that I discovered, in a rather shocking way, just how thin they are! Is it acceptable to wear them even though you can see the difference between where my underwear stops and the rest of my legs begin in the darkness/or lack of darkness of the fabric?

Why am I overanalyzing?

This has been a pretty off week with my training. I'm running Beat Beethoven on Sunday, and I should have done a practice run on Sunday morning with my group, but got in late from visiting my mum and then couldn't find my group!!! So I blew off the run entirely. Even ate really badly. Went to a friend's funeral service and that I was really down about the whole thing. Plus thinking about another friend's dad who will be buried shortly. I was not in good spirits. And what do I do when I'm not feeling great about life? I EAT!!! At least, that was what I did BEFORE now. But I resorted to it on Sunday. Totally went off program.That's the other thing.

Last week I made the decision (albeit unnecessary, given the cost) to join LA Weight Loss. Figured it would help keep me on track for the summer. But so far it has left me hungry. And frankly peeved that it costs so much to buy their snacks! I had a choice in the matter, but I should have stuck to my guns and said no. Instead, now I've gone and spent a sum of money that 24 hours later I regretted. On Tuesday I found out that my car repairs may end up costing me up to $1000 more than I had thought. And my insurance company has closed the file, so they are not giving me any more cash. And I clued in to the fact that the pay I got at the end of June is ALL I'm getting until the end of September, because I was on a temporary contract. So all this money I thought I had, all the money I've spent on this weight loss program, I wished for a few hours that I could take it all back. But no. Because they are such generous people, they don't do refunds. So I have to deal with it and move on.

All part of growing up, I suppose. I think I may have to try to find a summer job. Novel idea. I think I'll have a look now.