19 janvier 2006

Reviving GOOD habits

So I've decided to take running seriously again. Or maybe I should say for the first time. Even when I ran regular 5km routes in high school, I don't think I considered myself a serious runner. At any rate, I've "joined" a local running club. I say "joined" because it's free and nobody is keeping tabs on me, so I could very well quit and only I would be the wiser. BUT that's not going to happen. I've been to both sessions this week. And I've also exercised in some fashion every day in between!

The other good habit that I'm reviving is eating well. And that includes a food journal (groan). But it does help. I'm conscious of what I am eating and from which category of food.

Third habit? Drinking water like it's going out of style. This one has me running to the bathroom every hour and a half or two hours, and for a teacher, that's a bit much. Especially when my students have limited opportunities to go. So I'm trying really hard to avoid being a hypocrite. But that just makes it worse!

All in all, my good habits are affecting me positively. My head is clearer. I'm more focused during the day. I have more energy throughout the day (so it's easier to get organized before and after school). And I've even lost weight already! I slept like a baby last night and actually woke up refreshed BEFORE my alarm. I can't wait to get to the gym tonight. It's such a great stress reliever in the evenings. And last night I finally acknowledged that evening exercise helps to clear my head after work and to "de-stress", so I have no reason to feel guilty for not going BEFORE work.

Oh, and I've also cleared off one of my desks and a work table in my classroom. Now THAT is an accomplishment in itself! I'm organizing my paper collection!

I am continually amazed at how much paper I go through in my lessons. Lately I've been recycling as much of it as possible. So if I make a mistake while photocopying, those sheets go into the drawing paper tray in the classroom. Talk about cost-saving! I don't have to buy doodling paper! I know it's silly, but I feel like I've discoverd an ingenious idea!

Well, I had better get full use of my early morning. My social studies test needs to be graded and I can hear it calling my name.

1 Comments:

Blogger wordhabit said...

rock on sis! you're my hero!! well...mabye :)

11:02 p.m.  

Publier un commentaire

<< Home